Ok, so I have a sandbox testing playground of a game. But what to do with it next? Here are some of my ideas.
- post-apocalyptic settings
- broken technology everywhere
- placement in space (old space station? stars visible through windows?)
- still partially functional
- main goal is to repair station (collecting necessary spare parts while moving through levels)
- levels are not fully accessible at start, you need to push correct buttons, levers to open some previously inaccessible corridors
- main character is a small robot (or robots?)
- body is basically a rotating sphere with some levitating head/arms
- cute stylisation as in contrast to bleak world
- navigate through maze of corridors, get to the exit, fix given engine part, etc.
- use abilities, solve puzzles to unlock inaccessible level parts
- interactive environment: buttons, levers, inverse gravity fields, doors, elevators
- with level progress growing set of abilities (pushing buttons, controlling gravity, controlling elevators, moving objects, etc.)
- isometric top down camera?
- co-op gameplay:
- two robots with differing set of abilities
- one can push buttons (opens door for other robot)
- other robot can jump, move object (cover the hole in ground for other robot to cross)
- need to cooperate to unlock the path for other robot
- good for singleplayer (switching between robots) as well as for multiplayer (each player one robot)